Monday, October 20, 2014

Pie Girls Review

 
Pie Girls was the second book I have read by Lauren Clark and I have to say that I was delighted by the Southern charm that is her signature style. Searcy Roberts was an interesting character who I came to like a lot though I found it somewhat unbelievable that she changed personality wise as quickly as she did. However, I am not going to judge as one never knows what adversity can do to a person.
The characters grew on me and I found myself caring about them as the book progressed. I was definitely rooting for Searcy and for her success! I did find some of the book farfetched or perhaps just not plausible though I didn’t find that it took away from the overall enjoyment of this book.
Lauren always writes interesting stories and I am looking forward to reading more of her work. And apparently I won’t have to wait as I have two books to catch up on!

 

 
Author Bio:
After six years behind the anchor desk at two CBS affiliates, Lauren Clark moved to the Alabama Gulf Coast to raise her family and write full-time. 
Lauren has published four novels, Pie Girls (set in Fairhope, Alabama), Stay Tuned, Stardust Summer, and Dancing Naked in Dixie, under the pen name, Lauren Clark. More than twenty-two thousand copies of Lauren's novels have been sold worldwide.
Visit Lauren’s website at www.laurenclarkbooks.com, follow her on Twitter @LaurenClark_Bks, and her blog at www.laurenclarkbooks.com/blog.
 
Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN     Kobo     Smashwords     iBooks

Giveaway!

Comment on the tour page to win a signed paperback copy of Dancing Daked in Dixie by Lauren Clark - 3 US/CA winners will be chosen at the end of the tour! 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. StereoQueenBee (S-K), Thank you so much for featuring Pie Girls today! I am so delighted that you enjoyed the novel! I did have quite a fun time coming up with all of the wacky situations that Searcy gets herself tangled up in! Believe it or not, some of Searcy's adventures mirror my life (Wal-Mart greeter and Bluebell Ice Cream stories ....!)

    Your review is so much appreciated. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Pie Girls!

    Hugs, Lauren

    ReplyDelete