Monday, April 30, 2012

Blue Straggler Review


This book took me by surprise in that a lot of things happened that I probably didn't expect, especially the ending. And I can't say that it was the ending that I necessarily wanted but it sort of made sense with the main character being who she was. 
I've never been to Texas or Colorado, but I felt like I got a good glimpse into what these two states could possibly be like be reading the descriptions of the places and people in the book.
I could definitely identify with the characters in the book and the way that many of them felt conflicted, even perhaps confused in life and its choices.

Kudos to Kathy for a book that entertained me AND made me look introspectively at myself!


Kathy grew up in rural South Texas — and comes from people who work hard, love the land and know how to have a good time on a Saturday night. As a writer, Kathy was lucky to have been surrounded by exceptional characters throughout her life, many of whom have lived their lives exactly the way they wanted. The rest of the world could take `em or leave `em! Inspiring, to say the least.

In 2001, Kathy made the move from Texas to the Colorado Rockies to focus on her writing and soak up All Things Mountain. She lives in an authentic log cabin near the southernmost glacier in North America, at 10,500 feet above sea level, with her husband and son, plus two fairly untrainable golden retriever mixes. It is there that she writes.

Read more about Kathy on her blog, You Can Take The Girl Out Of Texas But... 
 Follow Kathy on Twitter Add Blue Straggler to your Goodreads Shelf /Follow Blue Straggler news on Facebook

Blue Straggler is available on Amazon in eBook and paperback format now!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words! I'm so grateful you gave the book a chance.

    ReplyDelete